Sunday, October 30, 2011

Future Podcasts And The Sunburn Lineup!


So we have always been thinking of breaking this blog out of the normalcy it has been going through. Hence the very drastic changes. It's still in beta testing mode. A lot of stuff is, actually. We're experimenting with many things with every spare minute we get - thus the staccato-like updates.
We're thinking of putting together a podcast every week. Sort of an amalgamation of all genres or just one. Millions of podcasts come out every week but it isn't always the perfect playlist. So we're going to try to get you the perfect playlist of the latest stuff that drops every week. That's in beta mode too - so bear with us. It'll be worth the wait. I promise :)

On another note, the Sunburn Day 1 & 2 lineup is out! The minute I saw Above & Beyond announced first, I knew these guys have something MAJORLY, MAJOR planned this year. You always save the best for last. And I'm pretty sure, Above & Beyond is not the only bunny in the magician's hat. Getting Above & Beyond is HUGE enough. Personally, I got a mini heart attack when I saw their name flash. The heart attack was followed by a huge inhale when I saw Pete Tong's name next. What exactly are they trying to do here, I wondered. Kill me in the first few seconds of the video? The gasps got louder as Gabriel & Dresden, Tocadisco & Jerome Isma-ae followed suit.

I started doing my dyslexic math. After much calculation, the monstrosity of 90 artists hit me. The magnitude of 7 stages hit me. It's going to be twice as large this year! And I just know that the Day 3 lineup is what they have reserved like nukes to blow us away. While Skazi and Laughing Buddha are great psy artists, they can't be the only ones that we're going to be screaming our lungs out for. I can feel it.

And hello, 90 artists without any Dubstep to the mix would hardly concoct the perfect Sunburn lineup. Surprises are coming our way and December seems to be getting closer!

CANNOT. WAIT.

What are your predictions for Day 3?

To be honest, my gut really says Deadmau5 with Skrillex in tow. Tiƫsto, even! I'm totally tripping on Maximal Crazy. I will die happy if I hear that live. Hey, you never know :).

Leave us a comment if you want to meet up this December!

P.S - We turn TWO today! Happy Birthday to us! For everyone that has been a part of our love for music, YOU ARE AWESOME!




1 comment: